Monday, October 18, 2004

"You are partisan, what do you call it, hacks."

For the few of you who have not already seen it, here's a link to the video of The Daily Show's Jon Stewart absolutely trouncing Paul Begala and Tucker Carlson on Crossfire. Here's the transcript. One of the reasons I don't watch television news is because too much of the programming consists of shows where people try to shout their talking points at each other. Jon Stewart is my new hero.

Incidentally, last night I had someone unknowingly quote one of my own blog posts back to me. Hee.

UPDATE: Avigael was not impressed by Stewart. While he may very well be pedantic and unfunny on The Daily Show (I wouldn't know, lacking cable), I still think his hijack of Crossfire was awesome. The reason?

I hate talking heads with the fury of a thousand alien suns. I think they are a negative influence on the public discourse and that they do, if they call themselves journalists, generally fail to meet their professional responsibilities. Also, they make my head hurt with the yelling. Anyone who calls out these guys and demands that they stop trying to outshout one another and actually make good on their promise of substantive debate is okay in my book.
blog comments powered by Disqus