Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Random roundup IV

- A comprehensive pika webpage can be found here.

-I want a dog. Maybe not a dog like Miss Doxie's, though. They are a bit too rowdy for me.

-If we had played this version of Monopoly on Saturday night, I surely would have been inspired to win.

-Phoebe Maltz calls my attention to this David Brooks column. She does an excellent job of rebutting his assertions, but I will address this one line:
People who have enough kids for a basketball team are too busy to fight a culture war.
Perhaps David Brooks should meet the Duggars; they have fifteen kids and the father is a state legislator fighting the culture war. I also would bet money that the constant culture war crusades to ban books with gay characters or put warning stickers on biology books that teach evolution are the product of just those red state parents Brooks thinks are too busy loving to be fighters.
blog comments powered by Disqus