Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday Spies

Friday Spies, via Begging the Question

1. What blog, other than your own, do you read the most?

Probably Metafilter. Its constantly updating content makes it an ideal procrastination tool. Besides, Ask Metafilter can tell you anything you want to know. Anything. And there's serious stuff, too.

2. Are you a gadget person? Do you have the latest thingamajigs and whoozits and geegaws? What sort of gadgets do you own?

I like gadgets, but I am too much of a cheapskate to always be buying the latest whatzit. Kitchen gadgets are a good compromise purchase because they have the appeal of gadgetry with the rationalization of practicality (food is important, therefore I need a candy thermometer).

3. If I gave you $1000 on the condition that you couldn't spend it on something responsible (e.g., bills), or save it, what would you do with the money? (Can you tell that a Democrat is asking that question?)

I would buy gadgets! A new digital camera, a long life battery for my laptop, and some new headphones for my Ipod.

4. What are your five favorite sitcoms of all time, other than "Seinfeld" and "The Simpsons"?

I don't really watch TV anymore, but when I did I really liked the Drew Carey Show, Frasier, and Friends. Now I like the British version of The Office. And when I was really young I liked Family Ties, because Alex P. Keaton was awesome.

5. Organize a film festival based on a theme. Choose a theme and a handful of movies with that theme, and tell us what you've chosen.

My movie festival would be based around the theme of quotability and would screen such gems as Tombstone, Office Space, Clerks, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Princess Bride, and The Big Lebowski. This is probably a bad idea, since everyone would just run around quoting movie lines at each other and by the end of the festival there might be a murder. Hmm.
blog comments powered by Disqus