Friday, May 06, 2005

Friday Spies: Seis de Mayo Edition

1. What is a food you have tried but will never eat again, and what don't you like about it?

Like George H. W. Bush, I hate broccoli. It's mostly the smell, which all by itself can start my mouth watering in that about-to-vomit sort of way. But the combination of fibrous stems and mushy little pilly bits with the smell . . . *heaves*

2. What are your five favorite possessions?

My laptop, my contact lenses (vision good!), my box of postcards and old photos, my Rushmore DVD, and my Kermit the frog playing the violin.

3. How do you deal with confrontation? Do you seek it out or do you avoid it? Are you more apt to be the confronter or the confronted?

Depends. With certain people, I relish confrontation, but those are usually friends I know well and who are accustomed to a combative style of interaction. Most of the time I dodge other people and mumble under my breath like Milton in Office Space. However, I am more likely to confront than be confronted because I am very good at evasion.

4. What will Michael Jackson be doing five years from now?

Well, it doesn't sound like he's going to be in jail, so I'd guess that he'll be manuevering to get some other middle school boy with profoundly stupid parents into bed with him. Just to sleep. Sure.

5. What is the worst movie sequel ever made, what is the best sequel ever, and what movie should have had a sequel but didn't?

The worst sequels ever have to be the Leprechaun movie sequels. Most other painfully bad sequels at least have the redeeming aspect of hope: someone thought they could recapture the magic of the first (good) movie. Sequels to bad movies are automatically worse, since they don't even have good intentions to excuse their existence. Some films are acts of malice against the human race and Western culture.

The best sequel ever is probably The Empire Strikes Back. I know Godfather II is a popular choice, but I hated Diane Keaton in that movie. Oh, wait, I hate Diane Keaton in every movie.

They really should make a sequel to Leon (The Professional) with Natalie Portman as a hit woman. Enough of this schmucky being in love with Hayden Christensen nonsense. I want to see Natalie turn to the Dark Side.
blog comments powered by Disqus