Sunday, March 18, 2007

Smokin'

I have always wondered (probably because I don't smoke) why people don't use nicotine patches for weight loss. It wouldn't work as well as smoking, but it would be cleaner and more healthful.* And although the grossness of actually smoking keeps me away from cigarettes, the psychoactive effects seem desirable. So the first thing I thought when I saw an ad for nicotine hand gel in Vogue was, "wow, I want that." (The second thought being "combine this with Purell and every Starbucks in NYC may go out of business.")

Then I realized it would be really pathetic to start smoking because you're a nicotine addict who is out of hand gel, which is exactly what would happen to me.

* You would, however, have what amounts to a dirty Band-Aid stuck to you at all times: hardly glamorous. See also the birth control patch, the recommended placement locations for which seem like they would be oddly conspicuous while actually doing anything naughty.
blog comments powered by Disqus